Actual cost depends upon what specific work functions are required (i.e.
housekeeping, child care, cookery, pet minding, office cleaning etc). Cost is
also dependent on her language ability and experience, the hours she works per
day and number of days she works per week. As a general guideline, the average
monthly charge for a "full time maid" (working an 8 hour day with
1 hour for lunch, 5 days per week) would be US$ 300 (VND 6,300,000) based on
experience and language ability. Part time service is prorated subject to
the duties required with minimum time of 3 hours/day. Short term hire
starts from US$ 5 (VND 105,000) per hour. In Vietnam it is customary for all
local staff to be paid an addition month`s salary for the “Tet”, the Lunar New
Year holiday. Other bonuses are discretionary subject to monthly performance
reports. Overtime runs at US$2.5 (VND 53,000) per hour on weekdays and US$ 4
(VND 84,000) per hour on weekends and public holidays.
We provide the maid with sets of uniforms which must be kept and cleaned by her at your premises. This is to avoid introduction of dust, dirt and other contaminants into your home. The maid will also require some secure area to park her bicycle or motorbike.
If the maid does your shopping for you she will provide a statement of expenditure with the goods so you can reimburse her directly. All other charges are billed directly to you on a monthly basis.
We take care of the maid salary, bonuses, benefits etc and to ensure that any bonuses are performance related we ask you to fill a simple monthly questionnaire. in the unlikely event of any disagreement or inappropriate behavior, we deal with this directly with the maid upon receipt of your notification. In the event of illness or if the maid is on leave, we provide a temporary stand in to take her place, subject to availability.
For your current maid we offer a variety of courses. All the courses are conducted in Vietnamese, some with English speaking tutors with a translator. The courses are as follows and the price schedule is attached. After the course we provide the attendees with a certificate of achievement and a report on her performance and any areas of concern that we feel need to be highlighted to the employer.
Health & Hygiene and basic first aid (instructed by qualified doctor)
• Personal hygiene - understanding microbes, parasites, bacteria, toxins and virus`
• Health hazards in the home, especially kitchens, bathrooms and nursery
• Food hygiene and sanitization
• Feeding, bathing and toilet for babies and young children
• Accidents - prevention and cure (including: burns, electric shocks, falls, cuts, broken bones, suffocation, foreign body in the ear, toxic absorption of cleaning products, fever, diarrhea).
• Written and practical examination
General housekeeping (in the home or office environment)
• Personal hygiene, work planning, international standards for each room including practice in an expat home, room by room to establish a common standard.
• Sourcing appropriate quality cleaning and related household products in Hanoi
• Written and oral examination
Kitchen management and household safety - primarily with video presentations
• Personal hygiene
• Principles of germs and disease
• Food marketing and sanitation
• Case studies from several real incidents relating to types of food poisoning with detailed breakdown of cause and effect
• Safety in the kitchen including prevention with video examples of hazard avoidance such as burns, fires, use of ladders, gas and electrical appliances, lifting and carrying.
Supplementary cookery (trainees accepted subject to aptitude test) - instructed by professional chef
• Food marketing, preparation and storage
• Kitchen implements required for western style cooking
• Place settings
• Practice cooking various western dishes
• Garnishing and presentation
• Practical examination
Child care (trainees accepted subject to aptitude test) - instructed by qualified trainer
• Common variations between Vietnamese and western child management in the home
• Keeping children gainfully employed (model making, painting, playing, nursery rhymes)
• Dealing with problems
• Oral examination
Reception & telephone training
• Answering, holding, transferring calls
• Dealing with difficult and angry callers and emergencies
• Visitor reception function
• Greeting, waiting and departing visitors
• Difficult visitors
• Do`s and don`t with telephones and in reception
• Making appointments
• Role playing
"Making a good impression "
• Importance of key roles in the organization
• Dealing with customer, telephone calls, junior staff and senior "expat" management
• Dealing with difficult customers
• Do`s and don`ts
• Role playing
"Vietnamese cookery for expats" - instructed by Vietnamese after chef"
• Menu selections
• Food marketing at local markets
• Food selection at the market
• Preparation, cooking and presentation
|Course title||Duration||Price*||Course frequency|
|Health & hygiene and basic 1st aid||1 day||VND2,500,000||every 3 months|
|Medical health check||approx. 3 hrs||VND1,200,000||any day, (at 2 working days notice)|
management & household safety #
|1 day - in conjunction with housekeeping||VND1,300,000||subject to demand|
|General housekeeping #||2 days - in conjunction with kitchen management course||VND1,300,000||subject to demand|
|Supplementary cooking||10 days for 3 hrs/day||VND315,000/day + food costs||subject to demand|
|Child care #||3 days for 4 hrs/day||VND2,500,000||every 3 months|
|Reception & telephone training||1/2 day workshop||VND6,300,000||subject to demand (up to 4 students per course)|
|Making a good impression||2 day workshop tailored to your company needs||P.O.A||subject to demand|
|Vietnamese cookery for expats||`one-on-one’ in your kitchen (hanoi area). 2-3 hrs per session.||VND315,000 per hour@||subject to demand|
|Fresh and Artificial Flower arranging and Fruit and Vegetable carving - lessons for locals and expatriates||Tailor made to your requirements (Hanoi Area). ||P.O.A||Subject to demand|
P.O.A : Price on application
@ : Food costs not included.
* : All prices per person and exclusive of 10% VAT
# : Private tuition additional fee VND 420,000 per person
All placements are subject to availability at time of booking but generally we need one month's notice.